The aim of the project prepared by the partnership of MESS, ESTA and MEV is to develop and disseminate a modular, flexible and contemporary vocational training programme of high quality in the field of electronic control technologies for the automotive industry, by making use of information and communication technologies and by incorporating Germany’s successful experience and practices.
Within the framework of the project, an electronic control technicians training module compatible with the demands of today’s ever-changing workforce and economy was implemented and introduced through strengthened dialogue and enhanced cooperation between the industrial and educational institutions operating in the automotive industry. The output of the project was disseminated through a web site, seminars, booklets, etc. and was proposed as a model for MEB, İŞKUR and related NGOs.
The project also aimed at the following:
– to ensure the inclusion of employers, of whom the workforce has social aspects, in the vocational education and training process though social dialogue.
– to construct a training model for MEB and İŞKUR and to disseminate this model among other industries,
– to compansate the automotive electronic control technicians shortage in the enterprises that operate in MEGEP pilot cities, i.e. Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa, Kocaeli, Izmir,
– to ensure that the theoretical and practical training is provided in line with the market requirements and in world standards by adapting the contents of the training according to the specifications of the enterprises.
The training module prepared by local and foreign experts with the aim of promoting vocational skills would be tested on some 350 workers employed in the automotive industry.
- planning and implementing all the activities regarding training
- cooperation with the beneficiary and all relevant stakeholders regarding training activities
- coordination among and the training experts at local level regarding planning and delivering ofthe trainings
- be responsible for each detail and organization of the trainings.
- guide the short-term experts to ensure coordination with overall operation objectives regarding training.
- provide support in policy-making process at central and local level particularly issues regarding training